Take a break from this year’s Build Business 2018 to explore “American’s Finest City.” As native San Diegians, we have the intel on some our city’s top things to do while you’re here.
Enjoy Comet Creative’s Ten Outstanding Adventures
These are the Comet team’s personal, tried and tested favorites that, in our opinion, are not to be missed!
- Try a taste of world-famous Mexican food at El Indio.
- Explore the awesome architecture of the new San Diego Central Library. Architect Rob Quigley describes the design process behind the library’s beautiful dome in this short video.
- Take a meditative walk through the recently expanded Japanese Friendship Garden in Balboa Park.
- Hop on the downtown trolley or try one of the dockless ride-sharing bikes or scooters available throughout the city (LimeBike, Mobike, Ofo, Spin, Bird).
- Take a stroll through Little Italy, and cool off with a scoop or two at Salt & Straw. The Honey Lavender flavor is divine!
- Experience Wonderspaces, the summer pop-up art show featured at B Street Pier downtown. We loved immersing ourselves in the VR experiences as well as Submergence, a dazzling light installation that became an instant favorite.
- Enjoy the spectacular beach views at La Jolla Cove and watch the sea lions playing in the rocks and waves. Don’t touch the seals!
- While you’re in La Jolla, catch a dreamy beach sunset at Windansea Beach.
- See the finest beaches of Southern California as you take a drive up the coast on Highway 101. Stop in Encinitas for a walk on the beach at Moonlight Beach. Not to be missed.
- Check out the iconic Lafayette Hotel in North Park (their pool is LEGENDARY) and have a laugh next door at Finest City Improv.
Tours are Free
Need a tour guide? Email us and we’d be happy to drive you up the coast to our secret beach spot in North County. 😉