Imagine if you bought a new car and never took it for routine maintenance. Eventually, the oil would run low. The brake pads would wear out. The timing belt might fail. Lack of attention to your auto will cause big problems down the road.
Your website is no different. It, too, needs regular maintenance, such as backing up data, applying security updates, checking that it has the latest plug-ins and themes and is functioning at its optimal.
When your site is functioning properly you ensure a positive web and brand experience for your customers. You get peace of mind, because you don’t worry about little things, like broken links, or big things, like data breaches and crashes.
“That’s great,” you might say. “But I have a business to run! I don’t have time to figure out website maintenance!” Let us assure you – you don’t have to. Instead, you can leave it to our experts to take care of the important details.
Those details are what we refer to as a Website Care Plan. This is a monthly service we provide for a fee (see our special offer below). If you’ve never thought of your website as an investment, now’s the time. Technology is changing constantly, and your website can no longer be a “set and forget” part of your business.
Here’s how a Website Care Plan can benefit you and your business:
Improved security, customer experience, and search results
Security is a big deal. You’ve no doubt heard stories in the news about data breaches at bigger companies. The same can happen with smaller businesses’ websites, too. Security patches are released sometimes as frequently as a few times per month, so it’s important to stay on top of it.
We safeguard your data by:
- Updating your website platform: Over time, even the best website platforms – WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Magento – develop different weaknesses, and hackers are lying in wait to exploit those vulnerabilities. Having our team manage these updates has two advantages: your data is protected and your website continues to run without a hitch.
- Updating plugins and themes: After the platform is updated with the latest security patches, then authors of plugins and themes will release their own updates for a few days or weeks to follow. It’s common for plugin updates to become available several times per week. The more plug-ins you have, the more frequent the updates.
- A note about the good and bad of WordPress updates: If your website is in WordPress, you may think it’s easy to update the platform and all of its plugins. All it takes is a few clicks, right? But here’s the rub. In some cases, things can go wrong with the update process. If you’re managing updates on your own and something goes awry, your website could go wonky, or worse go down completely, causing you to lose business and thereby damaging your brand. Our wide-ranging experience in choosing reputable plugins and solutions helps avoid problems before they happen.
- Fail-safe update process: Our team has established a solid workflow for managing the update process, including separate staging servers and tools to test all updates thoroughly before they go live. This way, any problems do not affect your public website. We are well versed in platform updates and we can anticipate potential problems, so that everything goes smoothly and your business operations never experience a hiccup.
- Backing up website files and databases: It’s good practice to have back-up copies of your website files and databases. And as you can imagine, these are a lifesaver if your site is ever compromised.
- Scanning for malware: We stop cyber attackers from installing malware on your business website so your website never goes down, nor does it pass along the malware to a customer.
Positive customer experience
When your website works as it should, your customers enjoy visiting it, and that does wonders for your brand. We constantly improve the functionality of your website by:
- Optimizing your database: If you have a large database, it can slow down your website. Cleaning up your database will make your web pages load much faster, which your customers will appreciate.
- Monitoring and cleaning up spam: Spammers don’t just target email accounts; they also target websites. Comment spam on your site can turn off legitimate customers and affect your search rankings.
Search engine optimization (SEO)
SEO plays a huge role in your page rankings. If you’ve added new pages or changed the content on your website since its launch without paying attention to SEO, then that may affect how your site appears in search results. We can help by:
- Optimizing title tags: The title tag, which is the title of a web page, is critically important to good SEO. It essentially labels the content of your page, and it’s the first thing people see in search results. We review and adjust each page’s title tag as needed so that search engines will find you quickly when a user is looking for your product or service.
- Fixing broken links: Broken links are doubly bad. They’re bad for your brand, because they frustrate customers who come across those irritating “page not found” messages. Too many bad links negatively impact your SEO, because broken links damage your link reputation with search engines. So making your links work properly is a must for good SEO.
- Strategic internal linking: We verify cross-linking between various pages within your site and adjust as needed. Cross-linking lets your customers and search engines locate your most important content. Good internal linking can improve website conversions and drives business, as well as improve your overall rankings in search.
That is just a basic list of what we offer through our Website Care Plan. We offer other options as well, from full site performance optimization, content support and more.
Why have us take care of your website?
Hands down, we’re experts in the digital space. We’ve been building websites since 1999, we’re steeped in the latest technology, and we’re fluent in multiple content management systems.
Whether we designed and built your website for you from scratch or you just want us to handle the web maintenance, our extensive knowledge of different website solutions means we can anticipate problems and choose the best solutions for you. Our experience allows us to quickly and efficiently manage your website, so that you never have to worry about it.
With our team taking care of your website, you don’t have to train yourself or your staff on all the ins and outs of web technology. Instead, you can depend on us to provide fast turn-arounds and top-notch service that’s cost-effective and convenient for you.
Ready to sign up for our Website Care Plan?
We have a special freebie for you! You’ll get one month free when you sign up for a year of maintenance by Dec. 15, 2015. Kick off the New Year with peace of mind for yourself. Think of a Website Care Plan as the perfect end-of-year gift for your business…and your customers.
It’s easy. Just give us a call at 760.729.8205 or: contact us